published on in Wiki

Why Dua Lipa Missed Sir Elton Johns Historic Glastonbury Performance?

Dua Lipa, one of the most popular and successful singers of the current generation, was expected to join Sir Elton John on the Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury on Sunday night. The two artists had collaborated on the hit song Cold Heart in 2021, which reached number one on the UK Singles Chart and became a global phenomenon. Many fans were looking forward to seeing them perform the song live for the first time at the legendary festival.

However, Dua Lipa was nowhere to be seen at Worthy Farm, leaving Sir Elton John to sing Cold Heart by himself. He asked the crowd to help him with Dua’s part, saying: “The person I did this song with isn’t here, so I’m going to ask you to sing her part please and sing it loudly.”

So where was Dua Lipa and why did she miss Sir Elton John’s historic performance? The answer is surprisingly simple: she was having a dinner party with her friends and family.

Dua Lipa’s Dinner Party

Dua Lipa revealed on her Instagram stories that she spent her Sunday cooking up a storm for her loved ones instead of being at Glastonbury. She shared photos of a beautifully decorated dinner table and a delicious menu that included garlic prawns and burrata on a bed of roasted courgettes. She captioned one of her posts: “cooking for my friends & fam” with a heart emoji.

She was joined by her younger sister Rina Lipa, who is a dancer, and her friend Frances Phillips, who is a model, among others. The group seemed to enjoy a cozy and relaxed evening at Dua’s home, while Sir Elton John was rocking the Pyramid Stage with his two-hour set that featured some of his greatest hits and special guests.

Dua Lipa later showed her appreciation for Sir Elton John by reposting a video of him singing Cold Heart on her Instagram stories with multiple heart emojis. She also wrote: “I love you @eltonjohn” on another post.

Sir Elton John’s Glastonbury Goodbye

Sir Elton John’s performance at Glastonbury was his first and last appearance at the festival, as he is retiring from touring after his Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour ends in 2023. He delivered an unforgettable show that delighted the fans and critics alike, with his iconic voice, piano skills and flamboyant outfits.

He was joined by several surprise guests during his set, such as Jacob Lusk of Gabriels for Are You Ready For Love, Rina Sawayama for Don’t Go Breaking My Heart, Stephen Sanchez for Until I Found You, and Brandon Flowers of The Killers for Tiny Dancer. He also paid tribute to his late friend George Michael by singing Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me.

He thanked the crowd for their support and loyalty over his 52-year career, saying: “I want to thank you all for dressing up in your costumes, your glasses and your outfits, it makes me feel so happy and so loved. I also want to thank you for 52 years of amazing love and loyalty that you’ve shown me.”

He closed his set with his beloved hit Rocketman, leaving the audience in awe and admiration.

Dua Lipa’s absence from Glastonbury was a disappointment for many fans who wanted to see her duet with Sir Elton John on Cold Heart. However, she had a valid reason for not being there: she had a long-standing commitment in New York that prevented her from attending the festival.

She chose to spend her Sunday with her friends and family instead, cooking them a lovely meal and having a good time. She also showed her respect and love for Sir Elton John by sharing his performance on her social media and sending him heart emojis.

Sir Elton John did not seem to mind Dua Lipa’s absence too much, as he delivered an incredible show that marked his farewell to Glastonbury and the UK. He was joined by other talented artists who helped him celebrate his legacy and music. He also thanked the fans for their devotion and affection over the years.

Dua Lipa and Sir Elton John may not have appeared together at Glastonbury, but they still have a strong bond and admiration for each other. They have created a wonderful song that will live on in the hearts of many people. They are both amazing artists who have made their mark on the music industry and the world.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7r7HWrKynspmle6S7zGikrquZmHy4tNhmm66ZXaG2sa2MpqCsq5WZerS10Wacpayfo3qru8enqmagmajBsL7InGSgpJGowbC6wa6psmWgmr%2Bnu9GmmKeblWQ%3D