published on in Wiki

Raj Bahadur Wiki, Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More WikiBio The Talks Today

Raj Bahadur is a retired Indian bus driver from the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC). He is famous as the best friend of legendary Indian actor Rajinikanth.

Wiki / Biography

P Raj Bahadur [Born1945([1945இல்பிறந்தார்(Age 76 years; Until 2021In Bangalore Samrajpet.

Physical appearance

Height (approximately): 5 ′ 7

Hair color: Salt and pepper

Eye color: Black

Rajinikanth and Raj Bahadur

Family

He lives with his brother’s family in Bangalore.

Friendship with Rajinikanth

When Raj started working as a bus driver in 1970, Rajinikanth met Raj Bahadur Rajinikanth when he joined the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) as a bus operator. In an interview, Raj shared that he has recognized Rajinikanth’s acting talent at employee festivals. he said,

Although he was a conductor like many, he certainly had a spark. We watched as he always played the lead role in plays run by the staff union. He is really extraordinary in acting. But he never dreamed of becoming an actor. I once said that he has the talent and talent to be an actor in cinema. He was not interested in getting into movies, but I pushed him.

He then persuaded Rajinikanth to enroll in an acting school in Chennai. At that time Raj’s salary was Rs. 400, and he was paid Rs. Actor Rajinikanth earns Rs 200 a month while training at an acting school. Later, Rajinikanth starred in a play in which Tamil director K Balachander was invited as a special guest. He liked Rajini’s performance and asked her to learn Tamil. Rajinikanth went to Raj and told him to learn Tamil as told by the director. Raj said in an interview about the same incident,

Rajini came to Bangalore and Balachander told me to learn Tamil but he did not say anything else. Such a great director said there was something before that. Since I know Tamil, we decided to speak in Tamil from then on. Over the next two months Rajinikanth was able to speak Tamil fluently. The next time Rajini met the director, Balachander said he had a role but could not cast him as he did not know Tamil. Rajini immediately replied that he knew the language in Tamil and Balachander was amazed at his ability to learn the language in just two months. He also got the role in the 1975 film Rare Raga. After that, he never looks back, the rest is history.

Rajinikanth with Raj Bhagat

Rajinikanth with Raj Bhagat

In 1993, Raj Bahadur played a small role in Rajinikanth’s Tamil film ‘Valli’, for which Rajini paid him Rs. 2 lakh in savings. Raj Bahadur retired from the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) in 2005 as a bus driver. In an interview to reporters, Raj said: “Even after retirement, Rajinikanth often goes home without informing himself in advance. he said,

Rajini will always give a surprise visit. He goes in disguise to avoid public view and arrives early in the morning and knocks on the door. No phone calls, no messages, just get on the next plane and get off at a friend’s door. A room has been allotted in the house for Rajini. I do not know when he will come and knock on the door. So the room is always ready. It was a simple little room, with only one bed and enough space for another person to sleep on the floor. Whenever Rajini came we would lock ourselves in the room and talk for hours. I fall asleep in bed while Rajini sleeps on the bed laid on the floor. This has been the case for many years. ”

Rajinikanth and Raj Bahadur

In an interview, Raj shared an incident that took place when Rajinikanth wanted to go to the annual groundnut exhibition ‘Kadalekai Parishe’ in Basavanagudi, Bangalore. he said,

Changing the look, we walked through the bustling streets of Cattle Street where the festival takes place. Rajini watched every drop of the crowd without noticing for a while. A woman suspected that the person walking by my side was Rajinikanth. But somehow she came near us and asked if he was Rajinikanth. We laughed as she told him she had mistaken him for someone else. The woman said that since she is an avid Rajini fan, she recognizes him by her eyes and is sure that he is Rajini. Before she could really establish the facts, we ran away from the exhibition.

In 2021, when he received the prestigious 51st Dadasaheb Phalke Award at the 67th National Film Awards in New Delhi, Rajinikanth dedicated his award to his best friend Raj Bahadur. he said,

I dedicate my award to my friend, bus driver and colleague Raj Bahadur in Karnataka. When I was a bus conductor, he recognized the acting talent in me and encouraged me to join the cinema.

When Raj Bahadur was asked to respond to Rajinikanth’s generous act, Raj responded.

He does not need to take my name when he receives a prestigious award. It shows his honesty, humility and that he has not forgotten his journey. He will never forget being friends who encouraged him. Although he meets relatives, he has a habit of meeting friends whenever he comes to Bangalore. The love and affection not only between Rajinikanth and me, but between him and all his friends, has been the same for so many decades.

Raj and Rajinikanth always consult each other when making important decisions in their lives.

ncG1vNJzZmismJrBorjKrKuonJGue6S7zGipmqJdl66prcOuqWavmaC2bq3GnmSwoZaaeqS0yKWbq52eYrOiucilsGaamaS0s63PobBmpZ%2Bnsm7DyKSgm6GfZA%3D%3D