published on in Trending

Chioma Umeala: BET Africa's 'Isono' Actress Holds Exciting Q&A Session

- BET Africa's Isono actress Chioma Umeala recently did a candid Q&A session with We

- In the session, the young Nigerian-South African actress speaks about her role as Ayo on Isono

- She also shares more about how she got into acting and what her other passions in life are

PAY ATTENTION: Join Briefly News' Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

Chioma Umeala is a beautiful Nigerian-South African actress who is best know to her fans as 'Ayo' from BET Africa's Isono. In an exclusive We interview, the starlett shares why she got into acting, some of her passions and her future ambitions as an actress.

1. How did you get into acting?

"I’ve always loved being a creative, I studied music in primary school and in high school that artistry extended itself to drama. I knew then that this was something I wanted to make a career out of."

2. Being a South African-Nigerian, what are you bringing that is different into the South African acting space?

"I think there is value and story in being multicultural. It’s a universal story that we can gain from seeing more of in South Africa especially in this age of globalized entertainment. I find myself contributing to globalized and multicultural entertainment"

3. Since you played the character of Ayo on BET Africa’s Isono, have you noticed any similarities between the character and yourself?

"I feel like Ayo always looks for the positive in situations and that causes a blind spot for the people she loves. It means she’s fiercely loyal and that can be a good thing and a bad thing but I like to think I’m equally as loyal of a friend and person."

4.What advice would you give to someone who aspires to be in the television and film space?

"Focus on your discipline. This is still a job and the thing that will offer you longevity is the hard and unglamorous work that only you will know about but it will pay off in the end"

5. What is the biggest challenge that actresses go through?

"Social media itself can be a career but as an actor it’s important to remember that social media is a tool in service of your acting career. It’s easy to confuse the two but it’s important to not let other factors detract from your craft"

6. Besides acting, what are your other passions?

"I love playing music, I have mini jam session with myself on the piano and guitar and time really flies. I also love keeping active, I’ve recently started Gymnastics and it’s really been rewarding seeing how quickly progression happens"

7. How does it feel like to be considered famous? Does it feel like a huge responsibility?

"I actually don’t consider myself famous yet but I am aware that with being on screen there is an added responsibility. I am someone who wears her heart on her sleeve and I don’t feel the need or pressure to act any different to who I already am."

8. What are your future ambitions in the media space?

"I hope to start writing and producing some original work and my sight is set on an international work as well"

In other We Q&A sessions, Daniel Marven (@danielmarven on Twitter) has been a source of hilarious videos, information and much more. We wanted to find out more about this social media influencer and took to Twitter to have a Q&A session with him.

Marven has over 753 000 followers on Twitter who pay attention to every tweet he uploads. But not many people know who Marven is as a person. The Q&A session was held earlier today and Marven revealed a lot of information about his personal life.

For our readers who have not seen the interview but want to know more about Marven, We compiled all the questions and answers from the interview for your reading pleasure.

Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!

ncG1vNJzZmiaop6yp7jYZ5qoZqqWfHqDkmlrZpuYnryurYyupJ6ZnJZ6o7HTZpifqpmYrrR5yKymp6ddlrC1vsSsqmagn6GxtHnEsZqirJmjtG69wGaqnqujnryvesetpKU%3D